Nightmare journey? Here’s what to do…
Holiday is the most beautiful time of year and we must ensure that everything goes smoothly and without problems, so we can relax and enjoy the holidays. But sometimes small problems can arise: flight is canceled or the guide is not present at destination, we get sick or the hotel does not look like in the pictures. What should we do to avoid these situations or how to treat them when they occur? Read below:
1. Choose a travel company with experience and read very well the contract before signing it. See if provided compensation clauses in the conditions are.
2. Sign a travel insurance or health. You never know what can happen on vacation – you can get sick or injured – and this will cost a lot if you’re not insured.
3. If you buy airline tickets directly from an airline, find out its compensation policy, before flying (or to buy tickets). Find out what happens if the flight is canceled due to weather conditions and with who should you speak in this case. It is best to keep the phone number of airline company and of the travel office from the country where you go.
4. Make a luggage insurance. If you have such an insurance and is happen to not be returned after a flight, call your airline office from the airport where you landed.
5. If you go to destination by bus and have problems, speak with directly with company and not with passengers or driver. Keep the phone number of the Company.
6. Write down the phone numbers of the Embassy, Consulate, flight company and travel agency for extreme cases.
7. You need to have realistic expectations. If the weather is bad or you miss a strike in mid air, is not anyone’s fault. You should not do scandal or call everyone. Wait quietly and socialize with other travelers.
8. Leave a telephone number and contact details in the country. They should always know where you are.
9. It would be advisable to have a trusted person with access card / your accounts. He can address ti the bank and will not have to give dozens of phones. Never disclose your PIN to strangers, even if it is recommended frin the bank. Bank will never ask for PIN!
10. If the hotel is not the same as in photos, make a complaint and asked to be moved. Make a phone call at the travel agency and insist about the problem.
11. Be flexible! A trip planned to the smallest detail can be pretty boring. Any turnaround – as long as is not serious or dangerous – can lead to fantastic, full of adrenaline moments. Do not panic, whatever. Everything has a solution!