Tips for traveling by train
In most countries, the train is a relatively safe transport for women. However, you need to take some precautions to not wake up in desperate situations.
- Do not lose sight of luggage, for any reason in the world, especially when the train is in station.
- Once the train started moving and want, for one reason or another, to leave the compartment, secures your luggage. Use a fillet lacatel or padlocked suitcase that has laws on where you put it.
- Always keep your wallet and documents with you, especially at night.
- If traveling at night in a compartment, blocking its door so that it can not be opened from the corridor. You can use this scale which is inside the compartment.
- Do not get out of train stations. If it is absolutely necessary, try not to lose sight of the compartment.
- If you pass the border would be good to have with you a copy of the passport, in case you’ve lost or was stolen right in the train.
- Book your train tickets early and you get very cheap travel. It is possible that during vacation periods not find ticket if you want to buy it on overnight.
- Make sure you have the spare change to street vendors on the train. It may sometimes have large delays and trains you to feel the need for a drink or a sandwich. If you have not got back home … will appeal to those who sell them on the train. And most times, they do not have change for large bills.